Monday, May 9th, 2016 by Kaitlyn Dedman
Toxic black mold is a serious health concern that requires professional mold remediation because the pestering mold spores are everywhere. In order to prevent damage to your home or health, the best course of action is to prevent mold spores from forming or minimize their impact.
Homes infested with toxic fungi can be linked to…
**Disclaimer: Some of these side effects are a result of very serious mold infestations, but this is still a reflection of the serious threat that mold can have on not only your home, but also on your health.
You can detect warning signs of mold through either physically seeing various colors of green, black, and even white fungus or through smelling a musty, unpleasant odor due to the breakdown of microbial volatile organic compounds. Upon first noticing a moisture intrusion mold spores begin growing within 24 hours.
As the problem progresses, mold is an invasive hassle that continues to wreck havoc on your home. Mold feeds on organic material as a part of the natural decaying process so time is of the essence when it comes to remediating mold—the longer you wait, the worse the damage. Mold can eventually lead to structural and foundation damage due to its destructive nature. Although some at-home remedies may sound appealing, solely cleaning up mold with grocery store products is sometimes just not enough; you must remove it in a safe, professional manner so the mold is fully removed and further growth is prevented.
The best course of action is to call a professional mold inspector to test for black mold and determine the severity of the problem. Most effects from mold are undetectable to everyday person. When it comes to your health—you can’t afford to take any risks!
our service area